A long developed co-created project triggers awareness for conscious plastic consumption and recycling.
“Piège de Plastique” is an excellent documentary screened on FRANCE 2 television in October 2014. Titled “l’Emmerdeuse” (troublemaker), Olivia Mokiejewski delivers 50 minutes of provoking views on plastic production, consumption and pollution. We’re happy to support her film with our strong images from “plastic seduction”.
Watch her documentary here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28ewhv_piege-de-plastique_lifestyle
(or switch to 22′:32″ to see our featured part).
To not only show the issue but suggest solutions as well, we developed the website http://www.sosplastic.org. Have a look!
Germany’s biggest and oldest environmental organisation – NABU – created an online map on which people can post places that are polluted by plastic. Furthermore, the website communicates clean up activities and successfully restored areas. http://www.saubere-meere.de/
In the middle of economic crisis, some people just can’t sit and wait what happens but take life in their own hands. It’s people like you and me, with or without children, with a normal job, with worries and passions. We’ve been following the start of their ideas during one week of start up bootcamp, in which they should find out, if and how they can make a difference in the world. And this was just the start! Watch trailer here..
– One Minute of Responsibility –
The film “plastic seduction” has been selected by “ACT responsible” as part of the Euronews broadcasting program “One minute of Responsibility”. Between November 2012 and March 2013 Euronews is screening “plastic seduction” every other day in 180 countries. The media space dedicated in November / December alone is worth roughly 57.000€. We are very happy and proud that “plastic seduction” was selected and want to express our sincere thanks again to all those who’ve helped to create it!
This short programme, created in 2006 by ACT Responsible, highlights the best creativity of public interest TV campaigns. “The objective of this partnership is to get these great campaigns created for great causes out in front of the eyes where there should be. Often these campaigns do not beneficiate from high media visibility due to budget restriction.” says Herve de Clerck, ACT Responsible Dream Leader. Since it’s creation, approximately 300 TV campaigns from 60 non profit associations around the world, benefit from more than six thousand minutes of media space broadcasted in 130 countries; a market value of 2.5 millions euros offered by the International TV Channel.
EuroNews broadcasts the programme ‘One Minute of Responsibility, ‘ featuring spots for non-commercial, social, and environmental causes. The programme, broadcasted several times daily, will comprise 25 campaigns which are part of the ACT Responsible exhibition touring the world.
* The programme was organised by ACT Responsible, an initiative of AdForum. “Our goal is to federate, inspire and promote great work in advertising and communication, in favour of social responsibility and sustainable development, and to show how advertising plays a significant role in raising awareness in today’s crucial world issues,” says Herve de Clerck, Dream Leader of AdForum and ACT Initiator and IAA Vice President Corporate Social Responsibility.
* The production is supported by the International Advertising Association (IAA). “Since inception, the IAA has cared about promoting social responsibility,” says Joseph Ghossoub, Chairman and World President, IAA. “It is only natural that we support this initiative with ACT and EuroNews.”
* EuroNews says it is pleased to support this effort to promote social responsibility. “We are proud to broadcast such a programme,” says Olivier de Montchenu, Managing Director, EuroNews Sales. “It shows the global capacity of the advertising industry to stimulate further the development of responsible communications.”
In october 2011 over 30 environmental conscious volunteers from the film industry helped with the shooting of “plastic seduction”. We were lucky with perfect weather after a night of rain and thunder… and everything went super smoothly thanks to Palma Pictures’ picture perfection and all those amazing people who helped make this happen.
So – let’s look back and have a little conclusion of what came out of it so far!
- The website http://www.sos-plastic.com and the according Facebook page were created – which created a permanent community of more than 350 followers so far – without us pushing it
- WWF international and more than 1500 other organisations and individuals shared the film on facebook, generating 15.000 views in the first 2 weeks
- We made a French version for Expedition MED who took the film to promote their work with it
- The Plastic Pollution Coalition took the film to spread their message in the US, South America and their campaigns in Asia – even in Rio de Janeiro for the UN conference on sustainability – generating over 17.000 views alone!
- The film made it into the Cannes Advertising Festival, where it ran amongst work from the biggest agencies in the world in the special exhibition “Advertising Community Together”…
- From now until January 2013 the film is broadcasted in 180 countries on EURO NEWS – within a selection of social advertising spots from the Cannes Festival!
- The European Business & Biodiversity Campaign took the film to promote their content
- In total the various versions of the film have had more than 45.000 views so far – and this without us pushing it!
…and there is more to come – we are just working on the German version – with the German synch voice of no less than Angelina Jolie!
Check out our making off again – even more so if you participated in the process! In that case:
Thank you so very much again!
Biodiversity counts for all businesses! Therefore the European Business & Biodiversity campaign invites all companies to show and share their best practices in protecting biodiversity whilest doing their business. We’re proud to help raise awareness for this campaign with our film “plastic seduction”!
ACT (Advertising Community together) responsible – that is the special exhibition running during the CANNES Advertising festival to highlight the best creative work for social or environmental purposes. We’re very happy that “plastic seduction” was chosen to be screened amongst the biggest and most creative agencies worldwide. Happening parallel to the UN conference on sustainability in Rio de Janeiro, visitors were able to take part in the Rio+20 debate and showed their concern and commitment to environmental and social causes. Thank you very much ACT responsible and their sponsors!