In october 2011 over 30 environmental conscious volunteers from the film industry helped with the shooting of “plastic seduction”. We were lucky with perfect weather after a night of rain and thunder… and everything went super smoothly thanks to Palma Pictures’ picture perfection and all those amazing people who helped make this happen.
So – let’s look back and have a little conclusion of what came out of it so far!
- The website http://www.sos-plastic.com and the according Facebook page were created – which created a permanent community of more than 350 followers so far – without us pushing it
- WWF international and more than 1500 other organisations and individuals shared the film on facebook, generating 15.000 views in the first 2 weeks
- We made a French version for Expedition MED who took the film to promote their work with it
- The Plastic Pollution Coalition took the film to spread their message in the US, South America and their campaigns in Asia – even in Rio de Janeiro for the UN conference on sustainability – generating over 17.000 views alone!
- The film made it into the Cannes Advertising Festival, where it ran amongst work from the biggest agencies in the world in the special exhibition “Advertising Community Together”…
- From now until January 2013 the film is broadcasted in 180 countries on EURO NEWS – within a selection of social advertising spots from the Cannes Festival!
- The European Business & Biodiversity Campaign took the film to promote their content
- In total the various versions of the film have had more than 45.000 views so far – and this without us pushing it!
…and there is more to come – we are just working on the German version – with the German synch voice of no less than Angelina Jolie!
Check out our making off again – even more so if you participated in the process! In that case:
Thank you so very much again!